Friday, August 3, 2018

Seoul Bunny Cafe


Big Sis and M&M made a summer wish list and on both of their lists, they wrote that they wanted to go to an animal cafe, and specifically, the Bunny Cafe.  Since this is a total Korean thing and we had a driver, we took my mom and dad with us to the Bunny Cafe!  My kids were super excited about the cafe, but my parents graciously humored them and just came along.  I thought they would have enjoyed it and gotten a kick out of the bunnies, but I was wrong.  I feel bad, because I think they were so bored that they fell asleep.  


It was not a cheap cafe!  It was actually pretty expensive for 30 minutes in a cage with hungry bunnies.  But, I do know that my three girls absolutely loved it!  Before we could enter to see the bunnies, we all had to get on apron and croc-like shoes on.  



Monster was not very happy that he had to wear an apron. 


After getting our aprons and shoes on, we were allowed into the small room with four bunnies.  I bought three food containers so we could feed the bunnies.  Each of the girls took one of the round pink cushion and found a spot on the floor.


Once I gave them each their food containers, the bunnies started running straight for the food! The girls learned fast to keep the food high, or else the bunnies would jump up into the food container and dump it everywhere.


Big Sis especially loved when the bunnies would jump on her lap, so she could pet them.  One of the rules of the cafe is that you can't hold the bunnies, but if they jumped into your lap, you could pet them.  She tried everything she could to keep them on her lap!


Little A just giggled at the bunnies, especially when they would go on their hind legs to reach the food container!  She loved every second of her time with them!


Monster, on the other hand, quickly jumped onto my lap and would push and kick the bunnies away.  He did not like them running and jumping all over him for the food.  I divided my food bowl between the girls and Monster and I sat back and watched from a distance.  He was much happier seeing them from afar.


After the food was all gone, the bunnies went into a corner and sat down ignoring the kids.  They went over to the corner and spent the rest of the time petting the bunnies.  The girls loved it, and they finally got to experience an animal cafe!  What a smart idea- a place specifically to interact with an animal!  Koreans come up with the best ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment