Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Emergency Leave to California and Time for Family


So this post is much better to write, because it highlights that one of my greatest intents I wanted to accomplish on my trip back home: build relationships. I wanted dearly to apply "time" to my family, in that I wanted to go to the Temple with them, I wanted to spend "time" with them, and I got to do just that. 

After seeing dad everyday, I brought with me a bunch of delicious Korean candy as well as went to the store and got different gifts for my family. For all the little dudes, I got Lego sets and ties and took them to each of them to remind them of President Monson's admission to "plan your life with purpose." I used the illustration that with Lego pieces you could build "something," but without a plan, instructions to guide you, you would not be able to build what the creator of the set intended. I invited these brethren each, as deacons, to consider how to plan their lives so that the Lord could add unto them piece by piece the moments that will help solidify their testimonies, and help them become the very best they can be. Plus, it's wonderful to see how much fun it is to have hi-chews!


For the little ladies, I brought a bunch of little Korean things, like book marks and Korean little knick knacks which they loved. For the adults I brought them the Korean wedding "ducks" to remind them to always be pointing towards each other. 




I did take the chance though, to take an advantage of Cafe Rio! I didn't know there was one in Fresno, so I took Abby and Gabriel there to spend some time with them. I eventually took Abby out on a little uncle date in order to talk with her about her aspirations to be a physician. This time was really special, and we decided to go to BJ's Brewhouse which was a must eat for me since that is where Heather and I loved to eat in San Antonio. We even killed a pizookie!




So this trip was special to me in so many ways. It showed the value of "time," the one thing we have full control over, but always say we don't have enough of. So I was truly grateful for these moments, and for my amazing family, their incredible children, that I was able to see and build during this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment